Alcoholics Anonymous with Alanon participation | Area 61 Assembly of Alcoholics Anonymous
Register early! The fee for registration through March 8, 2019 is $25. The fee for registration after March 8, 2019 is $30. On-line registration will remain available through March 20, 2019 at 12 pm(noon). On-line registrations received after March 15, 2019 at 12 pm(noon) do not allow name badges to be printed for the registration packets.
The Gurney’s Newport Resort & Marina • Goat Island, Newport, RI 02840
For HOTEL INFORMATION and RESERVATIONS: Click here
or call 401-851-3332 or 851-3366 and reference 2019 RI State Convention
- Reservations must be made directly through the hotel
- 72-hour Hotel Room Cancellation policy
- Deposit Policy: First night’s deposit due at time of booking
- All Rooms $150 +13% tax per night (single, double, triple, quad)
- The special convention room rate available for reservations made by February 19, 2019
- The “resort fee”, which covers overnight self-parking, has been waived for the Convention. When you receive your confirmation no “resort fee” should appear.
- The hotel has informed us that the City of Newport has mandated that each hotel must assess a $1.00 per room per night fee to fund an initiative to promote business and leisure travel to the area. This fee will appear separately on your bill as the ‘Newport Tourism Assessment’.
Convention begins at 3pm Friday March 22
- Speaker Meetings
- Marathon meetings
- Afternoon and Evening Entertainment
- Hospitality rooms
- Great Fellowship
NEW! CONVENTION SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE!
Convention Scholarships are available, in limited number, to those in need. A Convention Scholarship will grant you access to all meetings, entertainment and the hospitality rooms for the full weekend. To submit an application please click here or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is March 8th. A lottery drawing will take place on March 9th and awarded recipients will be notified that day. Scholarships do not include any meal costs nor any hotel room expenses. Scholarships are intended for individuals who would not otherwise be able to attend the Convention. If you would care to donate to the Scholarship Fund please do so online or by completing the appropriate section on the paper Registration form.