Rhode Island Service Committee of Young People in Alcoholics Anonymous(RISCYPAA), have adopted AA’s primary purpose: to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety. RISCYPAA is an AA committee comprised of AA members, directly responsible to the young alcoholics in the state of Rhode Island. All alcoholics are welcome and encouraged to participate. RISCYPAA’s practical goals are derived from AA’s three legacies.
We strive to:
- Support young alcoholics in their recovery through the 12 Steps of AA.
- Promote unity among alcoholics of all ages.
- Encourage young members of AA to participate in AA’s General Service Structure.
- Any member of AA may attend RISCYPAA committee meetings.
- Anyone in attendance at a committee meeting may consider themselves a member of RISCYPAA. Any RISCYPAA member in attendance may participate in discussion and voting procedures.